Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Catching up

Well, I am not sure what happened last week. It's only in the second week of the semester here, but somehow I found myself very preoccupied with classes and short on sleep. I seem to have rectified that situation to some extent now.

Meanwhile, I am plugging away revising a conference paper (project A). I am finding it a bit recalcitrant, possibly because I'm more interested in other things (projects B and C), but A has a more imminent deadline. I've just downloaded or requested a blizzard of books and articles for project B, which I'll start reading as I finish the work on project A. As usual, combing the indexes of journals has flushed out several articles which I really should have read already, or at least been aware of. That does tend to induce some guilt, but at least I'm aware of them now...

2 comments:

Notorious Ph.D. said...

At one point in grad school, one of my professors casually mentioned that "A good grad student has a list of unassigned books to read as well." I internally noted that I must be a good grad student, because I definitely had a list... and she never said anything about actually *reading* anything on that list, right?

Which is a long way of saying: Good for you!

clio's disciple said...

Heh. Yes, I have a very long list of unassigned books... unfortunately, I'm also not that good at keeping track of the list...