Monday, January 5, 2009

AHA report 1

Fresh year, fresh post.

I am back from AHA. I succeeded in my plan of abandoning the conference for significant periods to see some of the city, with the able assistance of Dr. Notorious and others. I had two job interviews, both of which seemed to go well (at least from my point of view). I had useful conversations with a number of people and was able to catch up with some friends.

I also managed to see some sessions--just two, but both good. More on those later after I've had a little time to process my thoughts.

3 comments:

squadratomagico said...

Good luck with the jobs search!

Another Damned Medievalist said...

It was nice meeting you! You know, I was so hyped up that I never asked if we'd interviewed for the same job. And I also realised later that I may have met you at Berks (although I didn't see Dr. Notorious there) ... So sorry if I was a pill. I was just kind of freaked out and also worried about time and trains.

clio's disciple said...

Squadratomagico: Thank you!

ADM: It was nice meeting you, too! We didn't interview for the same job--I applied, but knew my specialties were not really in line with what they're looking for. Best of luck to you!