Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Proceeding slowly

Inspiration seems to have dried up in the last week or so. (Plus I took a brief vacation Thursday-Sunday.) I think my subconscious is mulling over how to revise the patronage paper, but has not yet deigned to fill in the conscious mind. To encourage it along, I took out several books from the library on various aspects of medieval patronage, wealth, property, and city life. These are all books I've read before, but some time ago, back in grad school. It should be interesting to revisit them with what I fervently hope is a more mature perspective. 

2 comments:

Notorious Ph.D. said...

This "reading break" sounds like a good idea. But I think that taking a long weekend off was even better. Sometimes you just need to take a breath, and give yourself a few days where you don't set the alarm or worry too much. If you're like me, then eventually you will hit a point where you really, really want to work, and you'll be inspired.

clio's disciple said...

That makes sense.
I also worked pretty intensely for most of July, so my brain may just be due for a break.