Friday, January 30, 2009

Today's agenda

Well. I opted not to go to this week's job talk. I was persuaded by the several commenters who feared causing discomfort--for the candidate, for the department, or for myself. Take note that this is a small enough institution that my presence would be fairly obvious. There are two more talks next week, so I may revisit that decision.

Frankly, what finally made the decision for me is that I had way too much to do. Being sick last week has left me running to catch up all week, and that hour right before class turned out to be essential prep time.

Today is not a teaching day. Bliss to sleep later than 7 am and to have the day to work on other things. First and foremost, I have to give my own job talk in a few weeks--30-45 minutes, should be accessible to undergraduates (the job is at a small liberal arts college). This requires some planning.

2 comments:

theswain said...

Good luck on the talk and campus visit!!!

Notorious Ph.D. said...

Whoo hoo! I was wondering when you'd get around to mentioning that job talk of your own. Good luck with that! I know you probably want to protect your anonymity while the job search is pending, but I hope you'll keep us all posted, if only cryptically.