Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Nearly there

All grades for one class are done. Grades for the other class are done except for the three who need to send me relevant files. This semester is almost officially over for me.

Some of the essays I read today unfortunately managed to hit my pet peeves: Progress, blithe but problematic assertions about periods we haven't covered, wild overgeneralizations.  Many of them also made me reflect on the difficulty of teaching the 14th century well. I have some thoughts brewing along those lines, so will try a more substantive post later.

2 comments:

Bavardess said...

I hope you get a chance to do that follow up post. My research interests (I'm a grad student) centre on 14thC England and the further I get into it, the more complex I find it, so I'd be interested in your insights.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on zooming toward closure! (And I understand the dismay...it doesn't seem to matter how many times we talk about overgeneralizing, some people seem inclined to continue. Maybe it's developmental, but it's frustrating!)