Monday, November 10, 2008

Tribulations

Arrgh. I am still feeling swamped, and frustrated that I don't seem to be able to find time for much writing of late--I am doing a little bit of reading here and there, but the pile of Things I Need To Read is still accumulating too fast. The conclusion I am coming to is this:

I can teach and work on my own stuff at the same time, but I cannot teach, prepare job applications, AND work on my own stuff at the same time. And I REALLY can't do all three of those things at once and also fight off a succession of colds and aches and other nonsense, which has been the case for the last couple of weeks.

So that just makes it imperative: the remaining applications must go out this week. Preferably, tomorrow. The materials are all drafted, I just need to put on finishing touches and get them out the door. "Perfect" is becoming the enemy of "done," and I can't allow that to continue.

No comments: