Thursday, March 26, 2009

At least I don't have as much grading?

I am not interested in adjudicating students' requests for extensions. I just have no interest in deciding whether the reason for an extension request is a good or bad one. So instead, the policy in my course is that they can have [x] number of extensions per semester, no questions asked, as long as they inform me in writing that they're taking the extension. Still, I was somewhat startled yesterday to find that, of the 36 students in the class, only 6 actually handed in the essay, and the rest requested extensions. Hm. 

In other news, it turns out I don't have pneumonia. In fact, the cold seems to be going away, and the cough seems less frequent, so I may actually be getting...better!

2 comments:

Notorious Ph.D. said...

Okay, this is all good news. At least until you get hit with the papers later. But just out of curiosity: Do you specify a due date? Or is the extension open-ended?

clio's disciple said...

No, I specify a due date.